Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Eat Pray Love

I won a pair of tickets from Virgin Radio for an advanced screening of Eat Pray Love tonight. Woohoo, Julia Roberts movie! Haven't seen one in a looong time!

Julia Roberts plays Liz Gilbert, who loses herself and decides to search for what she wants in life. She takes a year off to go on a journey around the world to discover herself. Her first stop was Italy, where she finds pleasure in eating. Next was India, where she finds the power of prayer. Bali is the last stop, where she finds peace and love. I've never read the book, so I can't say if it stayed true to it, but it was a pretty good movie. A few of the scenes where she is remembering her past is a little disorienting. Seeing the food that she eats in Italy made my mouth water and made me crave pizza and pasta - and I don't even like pasta! Mmm. It was nice seeing some of the places in Italy I've been to and makes me think about going back again!

Anyway, good movie. I'm going to read the book next. Eat Pray Love comes out in theaters this Friday, August 13. For more information on the movie, click here.

No comments:

 
Google